Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Spring cleaning about to commence

I need to mow the yard. Before I can do that, this annoying contraption needs some maintenance, as always.




The mowers are notorious for always having flat tires. The seal was broken on one of the rear tires and I managed to get that tire off Saturday morning, took it to a nearby tire shop for repair which took only about 3 minutes, and I'm happy to say all four tires seem ready to go. Not true for the rest of it.

The battery posts were heavily corroded so txrad disconnected the battery and I used a solution of water and baking soda to clean the posts and clamps. Maybe this time the damn thing will actually charge.



I also took out the air filter and cleaned some dirt and grass out of that. Once I get this up and running, I need to do some cleaning on the small push-mower. Hopefully I'll be mowing the yard before the end of the week, weather permitting.

I'd really like to get the yard mowed BEFORE I call to schedule the roofers to come replace the shingles. If they happened to drop something from the roof it would probably never be found if I don't mow.

Blog Archive