Wednesday, November 21, 2007

One Last Beautiful Summery Day

It was up to 84 earlier today and just a few minutes ago the wind kicked up a bit, and the strange rustling of leaves around the patio suggested the cold front was about to move in. It's now 75 so I must go out and enjoy the rest of the beautiful afternoon.

I just snapped this photo of the house -- that's our kitchen area, with the garage on the right. I haven't done any yard work in over a year and it's pathetic. Even the path from the mailbox to the patio which I put so much effort into building is now barely visible.




To the right of the path near the mailbox is this very fine agave which I planted several years ago. It could be 6 or 7 years ago at least. It's grown and looks quite beautiful. It's also putting out babies from runners just beneath the soil surface. You can see a couple of them in this picture and there's more nearby.


Blog Archive