Sunday, January 13, 2008

Declutter Part 2

Remember this scene?

Well I have some good news and some bad news. I've just spent a couple of hours organizing books which happens to be one of my least favorite things to do. I've managed to get about 85% of them grouped by category -- roughly.

The bad news is that the shelves don't look much different than they did back on December 7. The only real difference is that I moved some things around to give me easier access to the books I'm most likely to access. And I have all my language-related books and tapes in one place. Good grief:



But take a good look at that shelf. It contains the following books and/or audio products:

Spanish...8
Dutch.....8
German....7
French....9
Norwegian.3
Italian...1
Samoan....1
Greek.....1
Swedish...1
Latin.....1

Oh, and here's the other bad news. I still only speak English. But hey, they're all easily accessible now!

Here's how the rest of the shelves look now after all my efforts. Can you tell a difference from December?



Neither can I.

The time has come for me to throw some things out. I really hate getting rid of books, even the ones I know I'll never read again. It's silly and I don't understand why I cannot let go.

Blog Archive