Thursday, March 6, 2008

The collective consciousness (Borg collective?) seems to be working

I don't know how to thank all of you enough for your words of support and encouragement.

I knew there was a possibility txrad would be released today but I guess the rational part of my brain didn't want to get overly optimistic, so when I went to the hospital at 2:00 this afternoon it didn't even cross my mind to take him some clothes just in case. I did take him another pair of underwear and socks.

When I walked in the room he was resting on the bed but he perked up immediately and began flapping his chops about something. I pointed at the bag I was holding and acted annoyed. Then I figured out what he was trying to tell me -- he wanted PANTS because they were probably releasing him today.

GREAT NEWS! Despite the fact that the weather is rainy, it's windy as hell and 36° with snarled traffic across the city. I sure wish I'd thought to take some clothes just in case. I came home to get some things together and will hopefully head out shortly to fetch my boy. I just called the nurse and she's actually still waiting on a decision which hopefully will come soon. She will call me as soon as she hears something.

There's more good news. This is the first day I've really heard a significant change in his speaking and ability to get understandable words out. He's turning a corner most definitely and I am now OFFICIALLY optimistic.

And the nurse just called so I am on my way out!



Blog Archive