Friday, June 6, 2008

Week #4 Concludes

Today marks the end of my fourth week of employment at The Agency. Hard to believe. I have not lived up to my promise of taking the bus and there are several reasons for that.

1. As much as I enjoy walking half a mile in afternoon heat to stand in the sun for perhaps another 5-10 minutes waiting for the bus, the car has been more convenient.

2. I've had a couple of long days -- one of which would have caused me to miss the last bus altogether if I hadn't driven. And it's hard to predict in advance when such days will occur.

3. This week I've been making only one cup of coffee at home for myself instead of two which allows me to get ready for work at least 20 minutes earlier. I have now been leaving at 6:30-6:45 and at that hour, the traffic is nothing compared to 7:30-7:45. I can get to work in 18-19 minutes vs. 30-35 in heavier traffic.

Here's a shot I took a couple of weeks ago when I was in the heavier traffic.



Looks like fun doesn't it? And no, this photo involved no risk to anyone's personal safety since none of the vehicles were in motion.

Blog Archive