Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Arkansas Circa 1976

I've been digging through the archives again. I stumbled upon these two pictures which remind me of why I love Arkansas so much.

When I was attending the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville, there were many such vistas I would encounter while driving through the beautiful Ozark Mountains, including this one.




This next picture I believe was taken at the Queen Wilhelmina State Park in the Ouachita Mountains near Mena, Arkansas, named for the Dutch queen by the investors of the Kansas City, Pittsburg and Gulf Railroad (KCP&G), who were primarily Dutch, and the railroad ran through the area.




Mena is also known as the base of the "drug-trafficking airport" supposedly utilized by both Bill Clinton and George Herbert Walker Bush for cocaine trafficking. That's just pure conspiracy theory stuff though. They're still pals, by the way.

Blog Archive