Thursday, February 14, 2008

Truffles and Black Soap

What a glorious Valentine's Day. The care package arrived this afternoon from Minstrel Boy. First of all, I can't even begin to describe the ecstasy I felt when I pulled open the flap on the box and was pounded in the head by the chocolate aromas. That man is talented at many things and he certainly knows how to roll up heaven into a ball of chocolate and ganache.

The hardest decision is picking out the first one to try. Although I'm a raspberry fanatic, I think I have to try a crystallized ginger one first.

Ummmm...



That dozen is for txrad and myself. There was another dozen in the box for Seventh Sister, also blogging from right here in Austin.

I rang her up and she was able to meet me just a 10-minute drive from my house so that worked out great. And I do believe she was excited!



Obviously she didn't have time to arrange her batch after a topsy-turvy overnight Fed-Ex flight. You'd think Fed-Ex could be a bit more careful with artwork though!

Also, as a very unexpected surprise, she presented me with some of her homemade soap, and the little container on the right is a bit of some soap being sold as "Black Soap" which she picked up in a nearby shop. Very appropriate and clever!



Now, if you'll excuse me, I must go prepare to enter into the truffle trance. Best mental therapy on the planet.

Blog Archive