Monday, April 7, 2008

Working in the yard again

I love this time of year. (Especially when both lawn mowers work and currently they don't.)

txrad has planted tomatoes and basil and moved a few plants to the back patio. Bougainvillea is one of my favorite plants EVER and I wish our climate allowed us to keep them outside all year. I have to move this one into the garage every year before the first freeze where it resides without complaint for about 3 to 3 1/2 months. It had a flower or two on it when I moved it outside about a week or two ago and look at it now!



My blackberry patch is coming along nicely. They say it takes 2 years before the plants start to produce berries and I can't remember when I planted them but I think it will have been 3 years this fall. Last year I got one or two berries; this year it looks like we could have a much larger harvest. Not sure if I'll get enough for a blackberry pie but I can always hope.

Notice the thorns at the top of the photo.



I should note (lest I catch hell) that both of the above photos were taken by txrad this afternoon.

This is my only contribution to the photos. txrad moved one of my favorite jade plants to the patio table and Sweet Pea obviously likes it.

Blog Archive