Wednesday, May 21, 2008

We do windows

I am at work this week but the windows arrived this morning and txrad was the official photographer for window installation day.



It was a bit of a shock to get home from work (at about 7:15! An 11 hour day from hell!) and see some new windows installed but not finished.

Out with the old:



In with the new:




I'm going to confess. Upon first inspection I thought, "what the hell have we done?" The windows are vinyl and look kind of cheap upon first close inspection.
But I've had a bad day at work and that was probably not the best backdrop from which to encounter these windows.




The fact is, they are a hell of a lot better than the last set. Thicker, more energy efficient, and double hung, meaning they can be opened inward for easy cleaning, and lowered from the top or the bottom. I think once everything is completed and the wood frames have been replaced and painted, it's going to look wonderful.



More tomorrow.....

Blog Archive